Parkview 37, Shiloh 12

Article and photos courtesy of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution –> Original Article Here

When lightning forced officials to delay the start of the second half at the Parkview-Shiloh game, the most relieved guy in the building may have been Parkview coach Eric Godfree.

The additional 30-minute delay allowed his defensive players to catch their breath and gave his offense the opportunity refocus for the second half.

“I’ll be honest, the 30-minute delay was good for us,” Godfree said. “Our defense was on the field a lot in the first half. They did a good job, holding them to 10 points with as many snaps as they had.”

Parkview emerged re-energized in the second half, scored four touchdowns in the third period and rolled to a 37-12 win over Shiloh at Charlie Jordan Field.

Shiloh coach Ryan Andrews said, “No excuses. I didn’t have us ready to play after that delay. It wasn’t the players or the other coaches, this one is on me.”

Parkview improved to 2-0 and Shiloh dropped to 0-1. The win also allowed Parkview to avenge last year’s loss to the Generals.

Shiloh controlled the clock and pace of the game in the first half. The Generals ran 57 plays and led 10-7 at intermission.

The second half was the complete opposite. After forcing Shiloh to go three-and-out, Parkview drove 56 yards and took the lead when Malik Washington threw a 4-yard touchdown pass to Christian Malloy.

“The key play that created a lot of energy was Malik being an athlete,” Godfree said. “They just made a play happen. The play was not designed that way.”

Washington said, “I was in, I read the guy, saw him, got him the ball … touchdown.”

Shiloh had to punt again on its next possession and Parkview struck for a score on its first play. This time it was a 41-yard pass from Caleb Mitchell to Miles Marshall with 5:18 left.

Shiloh kept the ball for two plays before turning it over at the 40. This time Mitchell eluded a pair of tacklers and dropped a 40-yarder into the arms of Justin Long for a touchdown.

Parkview got its final touchdown of the quarter after Shiloh fumbled a punt return, which was recovered by Jonathan French at the 16. Four plays later Deion Slade crashed in from the 1 for a touchdown, giving Parkview a 34-10 lead.

“It’s all on me,” Andrews said. “I’ve got to have us better prepared to come out of halftime. I didn’t do a good job making sure we were for them to punch back.”

Shiloh’s offense controlled the pace of the game in the first half. The Generals ran 15 more offensive plays than the Panthers.

Parkview took the opening kickoff and drove for a quick score, going 64 yards in seven plays. The big play was a 34-yard run by Washington. That set up a 13-yard touchdown run by Demetrius West.

The Generals answered with a series of quick, short passes, and drove 83 yards in 18 plays before settling on a 20-yard field goal from Micah Nguyen.

Shiloh took the lead on its final possession of the first half. The Generals took over at the 36 with only 1:32 remaining and drove 64 yards for a touchdown. D.J. Walker connected with Aaron O’Kelly for a 7-yard touchdown pass, giving the Generals a 10-7 lead.

No Replies to "Parkview 37, Shiloh 12"

    Got something to say?